If you reside in California, please also see the section called “California Residents.”
What Personal Information Do We Collect?BlueLinx collects personal information from a variety of sources, including information that you provide directly and information that we automatically collect when you access and use the Services.
Personal Information You Provide. You may provide personal information to us and our third-party service providers through the Services, when you apply for or inquire about employment with us, or when you e-mail, call, or otherwise communicate with us. Your employer may provide us with information to facilitate our relationship with them. The types of personal information you provide differ depending on how you interact with us, but may include name, email, job title, company name, company address, phone number, and address.
Information Collected Automatically. We and our third-party service providers may collect information automatically from you when you access and use the Services. Such information may include personal information and includes the following:
Usage Information. We may collect information about how you interact with the Services. This may include information such as the dates and time you visit the Services, the page you view, referring / exit URLS, your browser type, and the domain name of your internet service provider. In some cases, we may collect this information through cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about these technologies, please see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
Device Information. We may collect information about the devices you use to access the Services, including your device make and model and IP address.
Cookies and Similar TechnologiesWhen you visit our Services, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies and techniques. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information that we and our third party service providers may track with cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies may include the type of browser (such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) and Internet-connected devices being used to access the Services, your IP address, your home domain or Internet service provider, your referrer URL (the URL for the website that you were viewing prior to visiting the Services), how you were directed to the Services, which specific pages you access on the Services, how long you view each page, the time and date you access our Services, and the total number of visitors to the Services and any portions thereof.
Most popular Internet browser applications will allow you to adjust the browser so as not to accept cookies. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. However, making such adjustments may, in certain instances, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services (or some portion thereof) and its capabilities, or cause some features of the Services to function improperly or more slowly.
CorrespondenceBlueLinx appreciates your questions and comments about the Services and welcome your messages through our Website. If you correspond with BlueLinx, we may collect personal information, including the content of, and metadata regarding, any correspondence you may provide us. We may share your messages with those within our organization to address the issues contained in your message.
How Can I Opt-Out of Promotional Correspondence?BlueLinx or our third-party service providers may send you e-mails with promotional offers. If you would no longer like to receive this information from us, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any such e-mail you receive from us and follow the instructions. Please allow us a reasonable amount of time to satisfy your request, as some communications may already be in process.
How Do We Use The Personal Information That We Collect?BlueLinx and our third-party service providers collect and use personal information for reasons that include, but are not limited to:
- providing our Services to you;
- operating and providing the Websites;
- improving our Services, user experience, and our business;
- security purposes, including monitoring, risk assessment, addressing integrity and security issues related to the Services, and fraud and crime prevention/detention;
- sending information that you request from us, including responding to inquiries or requests for information about or from BlueLinx;
- sending promotional or marketing materials regarding BlueLinx;
- evaluating your qualifications for career positions with BlueLinx;
- other business purposes, including, without limitation, verifying your identity, age, and/or payment details, investigating complaints about the Services, research and analysis, marketing, advertising, and dispute resolution;
- in connection with a merger or similar consolidation of BlueLinx into or with another entity;
- complying with law enforcement, government agencies, or a governmental mandate;
- complying with or as permitted by any BlueLinx policies and any applicable legal requirements; and
With Whom Do We Share Personal Information That We Collect?We may share personal information with our affiliated entities or third parties, such as trusted business partners and service providers, to help provide the Services, deliver our products and services, process payments, perform statistical analysis, protect against potential fraud, or perform any other functions consistent with the operation of the Services. We may also share personal information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers, and insurers, in the course of the professional services they render to us.
We may also disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena or court order, or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose information. We may also use and disclose personal information to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
It is possible that BlueLinx’s corporate structure or organization might change or that it might merge or otherwise combine with, or that it or portions of its business might be acquired by, another company. In any such transactions, personal information generally is, and should be expected to be, one of the transferred business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, your personal information may be considered a BlueLinx asset that may be sold or transferred to third parties.
How Do We Protect Personal Information Collected About You?BlueLinx takes commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect personal information on the Services. Nevertheless, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that personal information that users of the Services transmit or otherwise supply will be secure.
ChildrenThe Services are intended for a general audience and are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
Categories of Personal Information Collected About Consumers
- Identifiers such as real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, such as records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
Categories of Sources from Which Personal Information is Collected
BlueLinx may have collected personal information about you form the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you.
- From your devices.
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Other companies, such as your employer.
- Data analytics providers.
- Other available sources, such as public records.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting Personal Information from Consumers
Categories of Personal Information Sold or Shared to Third Parties
BlueLinx does not sell or share personal information, and we do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed to Third Parties
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights regarding your personal information (although each right is subject to significant exceptions):
- Right to Know: The right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources form which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing such personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete: The right to delete personal information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information: The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Limit Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: We do not use or disclose your “sensitive” personal information outside of limited purposes, such as the following: (1) performing our Service or providing goods, (2) detecting security incidents, (3) resisting malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions, (4) ensuring physical safety, (4) for short-term transient use, including certain non-personalized advertising, (5) maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, or providing similar services, and (6) to verify and maintain the quality or safety of a service or product to improve, upgrade, or enhance a service or product. As such, the right to limit our use of sensitive personal information does not apply.
- Right to Not Receive Discriminatory Treatment: You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of the rights conferred by the CCPA in this section.
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
You can exercise any of your CCPA rights described in the previous section by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-460-BLUE.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please contact us at email@example.com.