- Home >
Our Mission: “Beyond Distribution” is what BlueLinx Transportation revolves around!
BlueLinx offers our customers, vendor partners and shippers a wide range of transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions.
With one of the nation’s largest private truck fleets, centralized truck routing using sophisticated optimization, analysis, and scheduling tools, and real-time order fulfillment visibility with PeopleNet GPS On-Board Computers, BlueLinx provides unparalleled transportation services for our customers, vendor partners and third-party/backhaul shippers.
BlueLinx has the 8th largest flatbed truck fleet in the United States:
- Over 500 tractors
- Over 900 trailers including :
- Curtain side trailers
- 42’ & 45’ flatbeds
- 48’ & 53’ flatbeds
- Professional, uniformed drivers
- Operating nationwide out of over 44 warehouse locations
Sophisticated Transportation and Logistics Technology Capabilities:
- BlueLinx Transportation uses APPIAN Logistics Direct Route and DRTrack truck routing, scheduling and dispatch software.
- PeopleNet GPS On-Board Computers on our company trucks enables us to manage the BlueLinx fleet for maximum efficiency and provides real-time delivery visibility.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
At BlueLinx, we are doing our part to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution created by freight transportation. The EPA has just renewed our SmartWay Status for 2016!
Click Here to learn more!
Backhaul & Third-Party Freight Services
This asset and non-asset-based approach enables BlueLinx to offer the best transportation and logistics solutions to meet your specific requirements – both for our building material customers, vendor/backhaul partners and third-party shippers.
To discover how BlueLinx can help your company meet its transportation needs, call our backhaul & third-party freight services specialist:
Transportation Group Operations:
In addition to company-owned equipment, our relationships with truck, rail, ocean carriers and reloads provide more options and the flexibility to meet your transportation needs.
- Commercial Trucking – Kewill Transport’s on-demand application for Transportation Management System (TMS) has been fully integrated into the BlueLinx Transportation Dispatch & Routing Group. Sterling TMS shows all shipping routes and rates, enabling BlueLinx to offer outstanding trucking service at very competitive pricing using our large network of contract carriers across the U.S.
- Rail – BlueLinx has partnered with, and fully integrated, Raven Logistics’ state-of-the-art Rail Tracking, Demurrage Management and Rate Quoting Software to provide low-cost rail capabilities with real-time delivery visibility.
Transportation Group Commitment:
Our goal is world-class excellence through reliable and accurate communication, consistent attention to detail and the highest level of integrity while managing our primary tasks:
- Execute transactions to meet internal and external customer service requirements
- The right product, as promised, on time, at the lowest cost
- Manage and reduce freight cost
- Secure adequate carrier equipment capacity commitments
- Communicate shipment status on in-transit inventory
- Administer transportation systems and provide user training
- Ensure carrier compliance to minimize risk
- Assure accuracy in freight payables process
- Analyze alternative distribution methods and solve logistics problems
- Manage the BlueLinx fleet for maximum efficiency